- Billings Public Schools offers free preschool screenings for their residents with children 0-5 years old. The purpose of the screening is to provide an overall developmental check of your child and to assist you in determining if he/she is developing appropriately for his/her age. The children are assessed on their speech/language, vision, hearing, learning, health, & social/emotional health.
There are 4 screenings throughout the year:
If you are interested in scheduling a screening for your child, stop by Cindy's office and she will give you the information necessary to do so!
- If anyone has any old magazines they are looking to get rid of, we would be grateful for any donations! We use them occasionally for projects and our supply is dwindling!
- Lost & found! Please take a moment from time to time and glance through the lost and found for any items that may belong to your child. Misplaced articles are quite common in child care and if they are not marked with a name, they will be placed in the lost and found. On that note, please be sure to label your child's belongings with their name. This is extremely helpful should multiple children have the same item or it becomes misplaced somehow. 9 times out of 10, if it is marked with a name, it will find its way back to the appropriate owner.
- Quick reminder for families with children in both the barn as well as the infant building! Please do not bring your older child(ren) into the infant building to drop off/pick up younger siblings. This policy is in place for a number of reasons, including minimizing illness, lack of supervision, fire alarm accessibility, etc. With that, we would like to ask that you drop off your older child(ren) in the barn first and pick them up last each evening. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding regarding this matter.
- Please do not park in the spaces occupied by a "No Parking" sign! They are reserved for the Discovery vans. The green Dodge Minivan comes and goes regularly and we ask that you do not park in its designated space, behind it, blocking it in, or anywhere that may hinder the vans access to this area when departing or arriving at Discovery. As a last resort, you may park behind the white Discovery van only, as it is only utilized occasionally.
- Also, just a reminder to be aware of the speed driven in the parking lot at all times. While the signs in the parking lot say 5 mph, they serve as merely a guideline. Essentially, we ask that your foot is on the brake at all times while navigating through the parking lot. If you are approached by a member of the staff who feels you are traveling at an unsafe speed throughout the parking lot, please try to avoid becoming defensive and take this reminder constructively. We take this matter quite seriously for no reason other than the safety of all the children, including yours.
- If you have any other questions about our program or inquiries about your child's daily routine, please feel free to ask your child's teacher or stop by Cindy's office and we will be happy to answer them to the best of our ability!